From the 1st of February 2018, medicines containing low-dose codeine will no longer be available from Pharmacies. You will need a script from the Doctor to access anything containing codeine.
This was changed by a government regulatory body due to concerns surrounding the abuse and unsafe use by patients.
The medicines that will affected include the following:
- Panadeine, Panadeine Extra, Mersyndol
- Nurofen plus, Panafen Plus
- Aspalgin, Codis, Dispirin Forte
- Any of the cold and flu medications containing codeine
- All equivalent generic products
Speak to our community Pharmacist regarding any changes to the above and alternatives to codeine related products. There are other non drug options available too.
Leave a reply →